I hope that you and your families are doing well and managing to keep safe. I have been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers all through this time. As Term 1 draws to a close, great plans are well underway for the next term. I would like to thank you, for all your support and patience shown during the past 6 months. I am particularly appreciative for everything that you have been doing to support learning from home.
We have completed Term 1 with great success. Even though we faced some challenges, we continued the work, that has to be done to ensure the safety and educational needs of our students. I can proudly say that, we have conducted 8 webinars during Term 1, involving students, parents, teachers and resource persons from around the globe.
I would like to give you a glimpse of the webinars conducted so far.
- The kick start programme for the academic year was the Parents’ Animation led by Dr.J.Henry Rozario on the topic “ Lockdown – an opportunity to rebuild our children” followed by
- A webinar for Parents & students on the topic ‘Psychological needs and well being of children during the Covid Pandemic’ by Dr. M S Jagadeesan.
- A golden opportunity was given to the Generation Z – students to express their views on ‘Expectations of the post millennium children from parents and society’ wherein participants from across the world registered their opinions.
- Focusing on the importance of Health & Hygiene the management organized a webinar with the support of parent doctors Dr. Jessima Subahani & Dr. Talat Salim, who highlighted about the “ The need to be healthy and the nutrition required to build up immunity.
- Another feather to the cap of the successful events organized by the school was the Interschool Debate, featuring parent & teacher participants, who debated for and against the topic ‘Use of Gadgets by children is a necessary evil or a blessing in disguise’.
- The scouts and guides of the school along with the management conducted a webinar on the topic ‘How scouting is different from other activities’. Students from nearly 11 schools participated in this webinar and shared their views.
- The primary students were also given an equal share to exhibit their talents organized as part of Teachers’ Day Celebration,in which they registered their participation by speaking on the topic‘Teacher’s role in shaping young minds’.
- The Kindergarten students were active participants of the Fancy dress competitions conducted online. They participated enthusiastically and won prizes too.
As an icing on the cake, we are happy to inform that our school has been granted affiliation for a period of five years by the CBSE Board. My heartfelt gratitude to God Almighty, our Blessed Mother and our Patron Saint John Bosco for their continuous showers of blessing and intercession for us. I would like to thank the Management, Teaching & Office staff who have continued to work exceptionally hard to achieve this success.
As we move into the next term, along with continuing to build on the good work that has been done, this term we will be focussing on:-
- Developing the character of all our students.
- Putting in place strategies to support our students becoming independent and resilient learners.
Keeping this in mind the Management has decided to include a few co-curricular activities in the upcoming term.
The students will be attending Life Skills, Counselling / Personal Wellbeing , Computer Science and PET sessions during their regular school hours. In addition, students can utilize their valuable time on weekends and after school in enhancing their talents through Dance, Theatre, Music, Art & Craft classes. It is absolutely free and optional.
I would like to conclude with a quote of Mahatma Gandhi.
‘You may never know what results come from your action, but if you do nothing, there will be no result ‘.
Let’s join together and provide the best experience to our children to carry beautiful memories of their school life.
May God Bless You